Sunday, June 15, 2014

Nakano Broadway, Mandrake and Psycho Monsterz

 Your cousin Pete is back in Japan again.  I'm behind the barrels again ready to tell you about a new neighborhood that my friend took me to.

Nakano. Home to many many cool otaku collectable shops and other cool stuff.
 

My posse's on Broadway, Nakano Broadway. Great food and rad shops await you.

Put on your "cool guy" face when you're having ramen in Nakano. :)

S&M Ted hangs out in the UFO machine.

Two wild and crazy guys!

The ceiling inside Nakano Broadway reminds me a bit of the Fremont Street Experience sans light shows.

Great photo ops everywhere except not all places are cool with you taking photos so when in doubt ask first. Shashin tottemo edesuka? (Pardon my poor Romanji)

Kawaii Ultraman

I love the lighted floors inside Nakano Broadway's famous Mandrake collectable shop.


Mazinger Z from all eras at Mandrake.


Great old pumping station signs adorn the Mandrake walls


My friend then took me to a rad shop called Psycho Monsterz, specializing in all the sci-fi and horror characters who have places in my heart.

Two wild and crazy guys!

The masks created in-house at Psycho Monsterz are works of art. 

This Alien Queen statue was large and in charge. 

I love this Predator 2 Alien skull replica. One day it shall be mine. I want thee!

For more info on Psycho Monsterz please visit: http://monsterz.net/pms/?plg_accesscontrolspmb=pc


No comments: