Saturday, December 21, 2013

Paris February 2013: Grands Boulevards/ Pavillon Opera Hotel

Bruce and son greeted me as I arrived at Grands Boulevards.  It was good to see a familiar face.

My next hotel was wonderful, the Pavillon Opera Grands Boulevards.  Clean and nice with top notch staff.  Check it out:

Oh jet lag how I can't escape yee.  I love the red and white White Stripes style decor of the Pavillon Opera Hotel.

The Grands Boulevards exit on the metro was near many cool shops and restaurants including the Levi's Store.

Next-up Eiffel Tower and Valentine's Day on the Avenue des Champs-Elysées.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Peet, I stumbled on your blog site in search of information on hotel Pavillon Opera Grand Boulevards in Paris.

Can you tell what this hotel is like? Cause I made reservations (non refundable :-/ ) for a trip in May to this hotel but now I read the most horrible reviews on tripadvisor etc. Stories about bedbugs etc. Scares the hell out of me :-)

Hope to hear from you.
greetings
Ingrid
ingsits@dds.nl

Pete said...

Hi Ingrid,
I found the room at Pavilion Opera Grand Boulevards to be very clean and the service to be very friendly. You should be just fine. I think you will appreciate the close proximity to the train station as well. Call the front desk when you get to Paris and they will give you directions to the hotel or e-mail them now.
I saw no bedbugs and the room was cleaned everyday.
I read the same reviews on Trip Advisor but have no fear.
The next door to the hotel you have a coin laundromat and a few doors down you have a grocery store in case you forget anything. If you need inexpensive gifts to bring back to people at the office take a right outside the hotel and another right at the bakery. Walk a short distance and you will see some inexpensive souvenir shops on both sides of the street.
Bring your map to the front desk and they will give you great travel suggestions.
I hope you have a fun and safe trip to Paris.
Sincerely,
Pete