Sunday, May 9, 2010

Akihabra at night


I went back to Akihabra after missing a concert in Ueno. I found Akiba to be less crowded than when I went during Golden Week.

One of the cool places I went was the Capsule Station. With the Capsule Station you can pick up cool inexpensive souveneers like this Ultraman figure here that protected our table at Jonathan's in Akihabra. The capsule vending machines give you a mini-action figure or guitar or maid or Gundam robot at random which makes the experience like collecting baseball cards. You don't know what you are getting until you twist the wheels.

Yuka got me a really cool make your own guitar which resembles the Fender Stratocaster that Wayne loved in Wayne's World. I liked it so much I got another one for my brother that looks like the Gibson SG that Angus from AC/DC plays.



Mister Donut was a great place to stop in for a snack. I had a really good glazed cherry donut. I thought the package was particularly awesome with it's crazy phrases in English.


Akihabra is kind of cool to look at after the sun goes down.





No comments: